[adjective nahyn-fohld; adverb nahyn-fohld]
- nine times as great or as much.
- having nine elements or parts.
- in a ninefold manner or measure; to or by nine times as much: to increase one's income ninefold.
Origin of ninefold
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for ninefold
And I praised her ninefold, and could have gone on for an hour.Dariel
R. D. Blackmore
It may not be; the unlovely pool locks them in her gloomy wave, and Styx pours her ninefold barrier between.The Aeneid of Virgil
Draw now the threefold knot firm on the ninefold bands, And the Law that ye make shall be law after the rule of your lands.A Song of the English
- equal to or having nine times as many or as much
- composed of nine parts
- by or up to nine times as many or as much
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for ninefold
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper