- to drug or disable (a race horse) to prevent its winning a race.
- to convince (a person) by fraudulent methods; misrepresent or lie to.
- to swindle; defraud.
- to seize (a person); hold for arrest.
Origin of nobble
Examples from the Web for nobbling
Historical Examples of nobbling
Their first success was the nobbling of "The Observer's" senior reporter.Grey Town
I'm not sorry for it myself, as I've an idea of nobbling him for Vera.The Graftons
A sight of times better to be selling diments than nobbling about here.Return of the Native
He is very musical, and when he and Rex get nobbling over the piano and organ—there they stick!!Juliana Horatia Ewing And Her Books
Horatia K. F. Eden
Peter mumbled some foolishness about nobbling Angola for Germany and starting a revolution among the natives.Greenmantle
- to disable (a racehorse), esp with drugs
- to win over or outwit (a person) by underhand means
- to suborn (a person, esp a juror) by threats, bribery, etc
- to steal; filch
- to get hold of; grab
- to kidnap