- fond of or given to argument and dispute; disputatious; contentious: The law students were an unusually argumentative group.
- of or characterized by argument; controversial: an argumentative attitude toward political issues.
- Law. arguing or containing arguments suggesting that a certain fact tends toward a certain conclusion.
Origin of argumentative
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for non-argumentative
He was as peaceful as a backwater bay in summer; non-argumentative and passive, he stood his watch in fair weather and foul.The Million Dollar Mystery
- given to arguing; contentious
- characterized by argument; controversial
Word Origin and History for non-argumentative
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper