- happening at the same time.
- coinciding; occupying the same place or position.
- exactly corresponding.
- in exact agreement (usually followed by with).
Origin of coincident
SynonymsSee more synonyms for coincident on Thesaurus.com
1. simultaneous, synchronous.
1. See contemporary.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- having the same position in space or time
- (usually postpositive and foll by with) in exact agreement; consonant
Word Origin and History for non-coincident
late 16c., from French coincident, from coincider (see coincide).
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper