- happening at the same time.
- coinciding; occupying the same place or position.
- exactly corresponding.
- in exact agreement (usually followed by with).
Origin of coincident
1. See contemporary.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- having the same position in space or time
- (usually postpositive and foll by with) in exact agreement; consonant
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for non-coincident
late 16c., from French coincident, from coincider (see coincide).
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper