Origin of concession
- the right to maintain a subsidiary business on a lessor's premises
- the premises so granted or the business so maintained
- a free rental period for such premises
- a land subdivision in a township survey
- another name for concession road
Word Origin for concession
mid-15c., from Old French concession (14c.) or directly from Latin concessionem (nominative concessio) "an allowing, conceding," noun of action from past participle stem of concedere (see concede). Meaning "right or privilege granted by government" is from 1650s. "Refreshment stand" sense is from 1910.