[kuh n-sahyn-muh nt]
- of, relating to, or shipped as goods on consignment: consignment selling of gift items.
- on consignment, (of goods) sent to an agent for sale, with title being held by the consignor until a sale is made.
Origin of consignment
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the act of consigning; commitment
- a shipment of goods consigned
- on consignment for payment by the consignee after salehe made the last shipment on consignment
Word Origin and History for non-consignment
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper