- identical in all essentials or respects: corresponding fingerprints.
- similar in position, purpose, form, etc.: corresponding officials in two states.
- associated in a working or other relationship: a bolt and its corresponding nut.
- dealing with correspondence: a corresponding secretary.
- employing the mails as a means of association: a corresponding member of a club.
Origin of corresponding
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Word Origin and History for non-corresponding
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper