- arranged in whorls, as the parts of a flower.
- (of a flower) having the parts so arranged.
- pertaining to an algebraic system in which all the elements of a group are powers of one element.
- (of a set of elements) arranged as if on a circle, so that the first element follows the last.
OTHER WORDS FROM cycliccy·clic·i·ty [sahy-klis-i-tee] /saɪˈklɪs ɪ ti/, nounnon·cy·clic, adjective
Words nearby cyclic
Example sentences from the Web for non-cyclic
The disturbed day inequality was corrected for non-cyclic change in the usual way.
Another property more recently discovered in quiet days is the non-cyclic change.
At Falmouth32, as at Kew, the non-cyclic change showed a tendency to be small in years of few sun-spots.
British Dictionary definitions for non-cyclic
cyclical (ˈsaɪklɪkəl, ˈsɪklɪkəl)
- arranged in whorlscyclic petals
- having parts arranged in this waycyclic flowers