- pertaining to or involving emotion or the emotions.
- subject to or easily affected by emotion: We are an emotional family, given to demonstrations of affection.
- appealing to the emotions: an emotional request for contributions.
- showing or revealing very strong emotions: an emotional scene in a play.
- actuated, effected, or determined by emotion rather than reason: An emotional decision is often a wrong decision.
- governed by emotion: He is in a highly emotional state of mind.
Origin of emotional
Synonyms for emotionalSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Antonyms for emotional
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for non-emotionalmatter-of-fact, impassive, deadpan, dispassionate, detached, unemotional, blank, chill, cold, cold-blooded, cool, distant, flat, frigid, glacial, heartless, icy, immovable, impersonal, indifferent
- of, characteristic of, or expressive of emotion
- readily or excessively affected by emotion
- appealing to or arousing emotionan emotional piece of music
- caused, determined, or actuated by emotion rather than reasonan emotional argument
Word Origin and History for non-emotional
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper