- to mention separately as if in counting; name one by one; specify, as in a list: Let me enumerate the many flaws in your hypothesis.
- to ascertain the number of; count.
Origin of enumerate
Synonyms for enumerate
Examples from the Web for non-enumerated
Historical Examples of non-enumerated
The non-enumerated commodities could originally be exported to all parts of the world.
Distinction between enumerated and non-enumerated commodities explained, 237.
The trade of the British colonies, how regulated, ib.The different kinds of non-enumerated commodities specified, 237.
- (tr) to mention separately or in order; name one by one; list
- (tr) to determine the number of; count
- Canadian to compile or enter (a name or names) in a voting list for an area
Word Origin for enumerate
1610s, from or modeled on Latin enumeratus, past participle of enumerare (see enumeration). Middle English had annumerate (early 15c.). Related: Enumerated; enumerating.