- easily excited: Prima donnas had the reputation of being excitable and temperamental.
- capable of being excited.
Origin of excitable
Synonyms for excitable
Antonyms for excitable
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- easily excited; volatile
- (esp of a nerve) ready to respond to a stimulus
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
c.1600, from Late Latin excitabilis "inciting, animating," from excitare (see excite). Related: Excitability.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Capable of reacting to a stimulus. Used of a tissue, cell, or cell membrane.
- Capable of emotional arousal.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.