- pertaining to, derived from, or founded on experiment: an experimental science.
- of the nature of an experiment; tentative: The new program is still in an experimental stage.
- functioning as an experiment or used for experimentation: an experimental airplane.
- based on or derived from experience; empirical: experimental knowledge.
- something that is experimental.
Origin of experimental
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for non-experimental
The steady two-cycle throb did more damage than it would normally have done aboard a non-experimental ship.Unwise Child
Gordon Randall Garrett
- relating to, based on, or having the nature of experimentan experimental study
- based on or derived from experience; empiricalexperimental evidence
- tending to experimentan experimental artist
- tentative or provisionalan experimental rule in football
Word Origin and History for non-experimental
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper