- something extracted.
Origin of extractive
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- tending or serving to extract
- of, involving, or capable of extraction
- something extracted or capable of being extracted
- the part of an extract that is insoluble
- Used in or obtained by extraction.
- Possible to extract.
- Something that may be extracted.
- A substance present in tissue that can be separated by successive treatment with solvents and recovered by evaporation of the solution; the insoluble portion of an extract.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.