- something extracted.
Origin of extractive
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019
- tending or serving to extract
- of, involving, or capable of extraction
- something extracted or capable of being extracted
- the part of an extract that is insoluble
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Used in or obtained by extraction.
- Possible to extract.
- Something that may be extracted.
- A substance present in tissue that can be separated by successive treatment with solvents and recovered by evaporation of the solution; the insoluble portion of an extract.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.