- having a common property throughout: a homogeneous solid figure.
- having all terms of the same degree: a homogeneous equation.
- relating to a function of several variables that becomes multiplied by some power of a constant when each variable is multiplied by that constant: x2y3is a homogeneous expression of degree 5.
- relating to a differential equation in which a linear combination of derivatives is set equal to zero.
QUIZ YOURSELF ON AFFECT VS. EFFECT!
Origin of homogeneous
OTHER WORDS FROM homogeneous
Example sentences from the Web for homogeneous
There was a lot of positive feedback from people interested in non-gender binary people.
She ultimately ditched JSwipe after about a week and found her current, non-Jewish, boyfriend on OkCupid.
An atheist counsels his fellow non-believers on how not to talk to people of faith.
The distinction between over-policing and non-responsiveness was alive and well in Bed-Stuy.
Last summer, Louisiana also banned non-legal adoption, with offenders facing a penalty of $5,000 and up to five years in prison.
The expatriated ex-rebels became alarmed by the non-receipt of the indemnity instalment and the news from their homes.The Philippine Islands|John Foreman
He also states that the Audiencia is virtually non-existent, and so there is no high court in which justice may be sought.
De moi, je ne say qu'en dire, d'autant que je ne veux affirmer ny le si ny le non en ce dont je n'ay vidence.
Certes le capitaine Merveilles et ses gens monstrerent leur pit non vulgaire.
It teaches you to take your time, or as the Germans call it, it gives you "Ruhe (repose)," the grand sine qua non!Music-Study in Germany|Amy Fay
British Dictionary definitions for homogeneous
- (of a polynomial) containing terms of the same degree with respect to all the variables, as in x ² + 2 xy + y ²
- (of a function) containing a set of variables such that when each is multiplied by a constant, this constant can be eliminated without altering the value of the function, as in cos x / y + x / y
- (of an equation) containing a homogeneous function made equal to 0