- serving to interpret; explanatory.
- deduced by interpretation.
- made because of interpretation: an interpretive distortion of language.
- of or relating to those arts that require an intermediary, as a performer, for realization, as in music or theater.
- offering interpretations, explanations, or guidance, as through lectures, brochures, or films: the museum's interpretive center.
Origin of interpretive
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper