- formed of or set in thin layers or laminae.
- constructed of layers of material bonded together: laminated wood.
Origin of laminated
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- composed of thin sheets (of plastic, wood, etc) superimposed and bonded together by synthetic resins, usually under heat and pressure
- covered with a thin protective layer of plastic or synthetic resin
- another word for laminate (def. 6)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012