[pahr-luh-men-tuh-ree, -tree or, sometimes, pahrl-yuh-]
- of or relating to a parliament or any of its members.
- enacted or established by a parliament.
- having a parliament.
- of the nature of a parliament.
- in accordance with the formal rules governing the methods of procedure, discussion, and debate in deliberative bodies and organized assemblies: parliamentary order.
Origin of parliamentary
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for non-parliamentary
Historical Examples of non-parliamentary
Ireland, in short, like many other countries, might gain by the possession of a non-parliamentary Executive.A Leap in the Dark
Johnstone of Warriston, though a non-Parliamentary member of the Council, at once acquired high influence in it.
- of or characteristic of a parliament or Parliament
- proceeding from a parliament or Parliamenta parliamentary decree
- conforming to or derived from the procedures of a parliament or Parliamentparliamentary conduct
- having a parliament or Parliament
- of or relating to Parliament or its supporters during the English Civil War
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper