- not productive; unproductive.
- not worthwhile or beneficial; not leading to practical or beneficial results.
- not producing goods directly, as employees in charge of personnel or inspectors.
Origin of nonproductive
Related Words for non-productivesterile, impotent, barren, drained, effete, exhausted, impoverished, unfruitful, unproductive, infecund, nonproductive, unbearing, fruitless, infertile
Examples from the Web for non-productive
Historical Examples of non-productive
A non-productive plan of self-incarceration in a brain bastile by a mental midge of either sex, or none.The Roycroft Dictionary
The miners had run into non-productive calcite a few hundred feet down, it was said.My Adventures with Your Money
George Graham Rice
That is, we have a Massachusetts enclosed within our farms which is non-productive as far as direct returns are concerned.
They make demands on the organism for nourishment, and are thus in the position of non-productive members of a working family.Parallel Paths
Thomas William Rolleston
Here also the arbitrary and non-productive style of teaching ran strongly counter to me at every step.Autobiography of Friedrich Froebel
- (of workers) not directly responsible for producing goods
- having disappointing results; unproductive