- associated; connected.
- allied by nature, origin, kinship, marriage, etc.
- Music. (of tones) belonging to a melodic or harmonic series, so as to be susceptible of close connection.
Origin of related
SynonymsSee more synonyms for related on Thesaurus.com
1. relevant, affiliated. 2. linked, united, joined.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for non-related
When her cousins arrived, they brought not only their own family, but also their non-related neighbors—a total of 11 people.Syrians Who Hosted Iraq War Refugees Are Now Exiles Themselves
Anna Therese Day
June 9, 2014
The ripple effect this would have on other, non-related challenges Israel face—such as its demographic battle— could be decisive.Why Netanyahu's Afraid of Diplomacy
April 17, 2012
- connected; associated
- connected by kinship or marriage
- (in diatonic music) denoting or relating to a key that has notes in common with another key or keys
Word Origin and History for non-related
"connected by blood or marriage," 1702, past participle adjective from relate (v.). Related: Relatedness.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper