- a person affected with rheumatism.
Origin of rheumatic
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- of, relating to, or afflicted with rheumatism
- a person afflicted with rheumatism
C14: ultimately from Greek rheumatikos, from rheuma a flow; see rheum
Word Origin and History for non-rheumatic
late 14c., from Old French reumatique (Modern French rhumatique), from Latin rheumaticus "troubled with rheum," from Greek rheumatikos, from rheuma "discharge from the body" (see rheum).
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Relating to or characterized by rheumatism.
- One who is affected by rheumatism.