- rational; reasoning: People are thinking animals.
- thoughtful; reflective: Any thinking person would reject that plan.
- thought; judgment, reflection: clear thinking.
Origin of thinking
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for non-thinking
The result is that the populace loses its humanity and becomes a non-thinking mass.After the Rain
He was a slow-thinking, even a non-thinking agent, but in a contingency he could fight, still without thinking.The Missourian
Eugene P. (Eugene Percy) Lyle
I got myself lined up nice and straight with the bird and did my first bit of non-thinking.The Trouble with Telstar
All grades of feeling and believing, thinking and non-thinking, are in the books and periodicals that you find in this store.Discourses of Keidansky
Bernard G. Richards
- opinion or judgment
- the process of thought
- (prenominal) using or capable of using intelligent thoughtthinking people
- put on one's thinking cap to ponder a matter or problem
- The act or practice of a person who thinks; thought.
- Characterized by thought or thoughtfulness; rational.