- not resident in a particular place.
- not residing where official duties require a person to reside.
- a person who is nonresident.
Origin of nonresident
Related Words for nonresidentdifferent, unfamiliar, alien, external, overseas, offshore, strange, alienated, antipodal, barbarian, barbaric, distant, exotic, expatriate, extraneous, extrinsic, far, far-fetched, faraway, immigrant
Examples from the Web for nonresident
Contemporary Examples of nonresident
(Alexis, being a nonresident, was blocked from purchasing an AR-15).The Great GOP Mental-Health Hypocrisy
September 20, 2013
Historical Examples of nonresident
They had no title to it, but as the owners were nonresident minors they were not disturbed.The Story of the Mormons
William Alexander Linn
Also he appointed a few of his councilors as nonresident Justices of the Peace.Our Legal Heritage, 5th Ed.
S. A. Reilly
A nonresident, however able and distinguished he might be as a statesman, would have little chance of election.Government in the United States
James Wilford Garner
The tables are turned; it is no longer the nonresident Jew and the hypothetical Unitarian who are excepted.The Beginners of a Nation
Against the newcomers, profitable as they were, still existed the ancient antipathy of the resident for the nonresident.The Covered Wagon
- a person who is not residing in the place implied or specifiedthe hotel restaurant is open to nonresidents
- a British person employed abroad on a contract for a minimum of one year, who is exempt from UK income tax provided that he does not spend more than 90 days in the UK during that tax year
- not residing in the place specified