- a person who does not vote.
- a person who is not eligible to vote.
Origin of nonvoter
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for nonvoting
But the General Assembly could still upgrade the Palestinians from nonvoting observer “entity” to permanent observer “state.”U.N. to Vote on Palestine
September 27, 2011
The Central Committee is a large working party organ, which in 1973 included 147 members and 110 candidate (nonvoting) members.Area Handbook for Bulgaria
Eugene K. Keefe, Violeta D. Baluyut, William Giloane, Anne K. Long, James M. Moore, and Neda A. Walpole
At heart she was a nonvoting Garrisonian abolitionist and would not support a political party which in any way sanctioned slavery.Susan B. Anthony
- of or relating to a nonvoter
- finance (of shares) not entitling the holder to vote at company meetings
- a person who does not vote
- a person not eligible to vote