- the land or region in the north.
- the northern part of a country.
- (initial capital letter) the peninsula containing Norway and Sweden.
Origin of northland
Examples from the Web for northlander
Historical Examples of northlander
He greeted the arrival with the easy casualness of the northlander.The Triumph of John Kars
As a Northlander I cannot accustom myself to the French mode of acting tragedy.The True Story of My Life
Hans Christian Andersen
The Northlander's heavy, slow-moving feet stopped entirely as he turned a stolid face toward the foreman.
He glanced quickly at the big Englishman and saw that his eyes were upon the Northlander.
- a native or inhabitant of the peninsula containing Norway and Sweden
- (in Canada) a native or inhabitant of the far north
- the peninsula containing Norway and Sweden
- (in Canada) the far north