- Also north·wards, north·ward·ly. toward the north.
- Also north·ward·ly. moving, bearing, facing, or situated toward the north.
- the northward part, direction, or point.
Origin of northward
Examples from the Web for northwards
Historical Examples of northwards
They struggle on northwards, however, and have travelled a degree of latitude.From Pole to Pole
Sven Anders Hedin
She twisted and turned now southwards, now west, now northwards.Priscilla's Spies
George A. Birmingham
Greaves has been seen on the coast with a wind fair for the northwards.
It diminishes to the northwards, but even at Chittagong it is over 104 in.
They lived on coasts and islands of the Atlantic from Mass., northwards.Bird Guide
Chester A. Reed
- towards the north
- moving, facing, or situated towards the north
- the northward part, direction, etc; the north
- a variant of northwards