Origin of nosepiece
Examples from the Web for nosepiece
Historical Examples of nosepiece
With a nosepiece on like that, you couldn't tell who a man was.The Man Who Hated Mars
Gordon Randall Garrett
There seems to be something the matter with my nosepiece which should be clamped shut.With Our Soldiers in France
It had a pivoted or hinged vizor and nosepiece, and complete chin, neck and cheek protection, closely connected with the gorget.
Remove the nosepiece from the microscope tube and fit the 2/3 inch objective in place.The Elements of Bacteriological Technique
John William Henry Eyre
- Also called: nasal a piece of armour, esp part of a helmet, that serves to protect the nose
- the connecting part of a pair of spectacles that rests on the nose; bridge
- the part of a microscope to which one or more objective lenses are attached
- a less common word for noseband
- The part of a microscope, often rotatable, to which one or more objective lenses are attached.