- to inform (someone) or give notice to: to notify the police of a crime.
- Chiefly British. to make known; give information of: The sale was notified in the newspapers.
Origin of notify
Synonyms for notify
Examples from the Web for notifiable
Historical Examples of notifiable
By order of the Local Government Board influenza has been made a notifiable disease.
Industrial diseases should be made "notifiable," so that they can be controlled by the factory or health department.Civics and Health
William H. Allen
A report reaches us that Jazz is about to be made a notifiable disease.
- denoting certain infectious diseases of humans, such as smallpox and tuberculosis, outbreaks of which must be reported to the public health authorities
- denoting certain infectious diseases of animals, such as BSE, foot-and-mouth disease, and rabies, outbreaks of which must be reported to the appropriate veterinary authority
- to inform; tell
- mainly British to draw attention to; make known; announce