- Edna,born 1930, Irish novelist, short-story writer, and playwright.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Conor Cruise. 1917–2008, Irish diplomat and writer. As an Irish Labour MP he served in the coalition government of 1973–77, becoming a senator (1977–79). He edited the Observer (1978–81)
- Edna. born 1936, Irish novelist. Her books include The Country Girls (1960), Johnny I Hardly Knew You (1977), and In the Forest (2002)
- Flann, real name Brian O'Nolan. 1911–66, Irish novelist and journalist. His novels include At Swim-Two-Birds (1939) and the posthumously published The Third Policeman (1967). As Myles na Gopaleen he wrote a satirical column for the Irish Times
- Kerry. born 1945. Australian journalist and broadcaster