- a deep olive color.
- woolen cloth of this color, used especially for U.S. Army uniforms.
- a military uniform made from this cloth.
Origin of olive drab
Related Words for olive drabgown, regalia, attire, garb, costume, suit, robe, dress, khaki, habit, regimentals, stripes, OD, livery
Examples from the Web for olive drab
Historical Examples of olive drab
When he was all dressed in his olive-drab she still could not let him go.We Can't Have Everything
All at once they saw sunlight ahead of them and olive-drab uniforms.
He watched the irregular files of men in olive-drab shambling by.
The captain came in, brushing snow from his olive-drab uniform.
The uniform he wore under the benny was olive-drab with bars on his shoulder.
- a dull but fairly strong greyish-olive colour
- (as adjective)an olive-drab jacket
- cloth or clothes in this colour, esp the uniform of the US ArmyAbbreviation: OD