- a deep olive color.
- woolen cloth of this color, used especially for U.S. Army uniforms.
- a military uniform made from this cloth.
Origin of olive drab
First recorded in 1895–1900
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Wordsgown, regalia, attire, garb, costume, suit, robe, dress, khaki, habit, regimentals, stripes, OD, livery
Examples from the Web for olive drab
When he was all dressed in his olive-drab she still could not let him go.We Can't Have Everything
All at once they saw sunlight ahead of them and olive-drab uniforms.
He watched the irregular files of men in olive-drab shambling by.
The captain came in, brushing snow from his olive-drab uniform.
The uniform he wore under the benny was olive-drab with bars on his shoulder.
- a dull but fairly strong greyish-olive colour
- (as adjective)an olive-drab jacket
- cloth or clothes in this colour, esp the uniform of the US ArmyAbbreviation: OD
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012