- the development or developmental history of an individual organism.
Origin of ontogeny
Examples from the Web for ontogenetic
Historical Examples of ontogenetic
The development of the spur is not due to ontogenetic variation.
This species exhibits the progressive (ontogenetic as well as phylogenetic) development of Panartus amphiconus.
Presence of the glands, therefore, cannot be correlated either with sexual or ontogenetic development.The Amphibians and Reptiles of Michoacn, Mxico
William E. Duellman
The list below indicates the ontogenetic origin of the avian leg muscles, according to the studies of Romer and Wortham.Variation in the Muscles and Nerves of the Leg in
E. Bruce Holmes
Skulls of two series to be compared were matched in pairs so that they corresponded in size and ontogenetic stage of development.
- the entire sequence of events involved in the development of an individual organismCompare phylogeny
- Of or relating to ontogeny.
- The origin and development of an individual organism from embryo to adult.ontogenesis
- The origin and development of an individual organism from embryo to adult.