- (used with a singular verb) a branch of medicine dealing with the making and fitting of orthotic devices.
Origin of orthotics
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a person who is qualified to practise orthotics
- (functioning as singular) the provision and use of artificial or mechanical aids, such as braces, to prevent or assist movement of weak or injured joints or muscles
- A specialist in orthotics.
- The science that deals with the use of specialized mechanical devices to support or to supplement weakened or abnormal joints or limbs.orthetics