- simple past tense and past participle of outsell.
- to exceed in volume of sales; sell more than: He outsells all our other salespeople.
- to exceed in value or number of sales: a soap that outsells all other brands.
- Archaic. to obtain a higher price than.
Origin of outsell
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for outsold
BlackBerry StormThe iPhone, remarkably, outsold Research in Motion last quarter.The Best Gadgets Money Can't Buy
October 24, 2008
He outsold many men with actuarial minds, and extended knowledge.The Psychology of Salesmanship
William Walker Atkinson
The lady had a face like a thunder-cloud, and a form that, if whitewashed, would have outsold the "Greek Slave."Among the Pines
James R. Gilmore
The lady had a face like a thunder-cloud, and a form that, if whitewashed, would have outsold the 'Greek Slave.'
- (tr) to sell or be sold in greater quantities than