- one's living quarters, as an apartment or room.
- one's bed.
- a room where people gather to take narcotics; an addicts' den.
- money paid as a bribe to and shared among police officers, as for ignoring law violations.
- a list of police officers receiving such money.
- a metal plate riveted or welded to a surface as a base or attachment for bolts, hooks, eyes, etc.
- a piece of wood laid on the back of a deck beam to give the deck surface a desired amount of camber.
- a handle for holding various small, interchangeable saw blades.
- Also pod . a socket in a brace for a bit.
Idioms about pad
Words nearby pad
Other definitions for pad (2 of 3)
Origin of pad2
Other definitions for pad (3 of 3)
How to use pad in a sentence
However, the smart folks brought along these river-specific sleeping pads.The Gear You Need to Bring on a 225-Mile River Trip|Mitch Breton|September 6, 2020|Outside Online
Rocket Lab says it has monthly launches scheduled for the rest of 2020, including the company's first flight from a new pad at Wallops Island, Virginia.Rocket Report: Musk updates Super Heavy plan, China to launch spaceplane?|Eric Berger|September 4, 2020|Ars Technica
You’ll feel better, be back on your couch bingeing Selling Sunset before you know it, and you won’t be stinking up your pad.Working out at home? Here’s how to keep your house from smelling like a gym.|Harry Guinness|September 3, 2020|Popular-Science
This keyboard is a speed machine with a comfortable wrist pad for sustained comfort.
Marry that with the adventures that nature offers, and the pandemic could serve as a launch pad to teach kids outdoor life skills that will come in handy.
Instead, they saw music videos as a launch pad for a whole new artistic movement: virality.OK Go Is Helping Redefine the Music Video For the Internet Age|Lauren Schwartzberg|December 15, 2014|DAILY BEAST
He described in painful detail the composition of the bars and the heavy shackles on the pad locks.
He has underpinned his future program by winning from NASA a 20-year lease on the legendary launch pad 39A at Cape Canaveral.Tycoons in Space: One in Orbit and One Still Grounded|Clive Irving|October 5, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Would you like to come over and see my new pad this weekend?When Gary Wright Met George Harrison: Dream Weaver, John and Yoko, and More|Gary Wright|September 29, 2014|DAILY BEAST
If ESPN is a sleek bachelor pad, ESPNW is the cottage next door filled with Activia and ultra-soft toilet paper.
Her mother, wearing an ink-stained jacket, was busy at her desk, the pen scratching on the big sheets of pad paper.
Bobby said it should have been written on yellow paper with an asbestos pad under it to save scorching Miss Pendletons desk.
Margaret Halley stared reflectively at the blotting-pad for a moment, and then described a typical seance at Kazmah's.Dope|Sax Rohmer
As she sat by, crushing the juice from the berries with a stick, Jess planned the ink pad.
These they used for stuffing for the pad, and covered them with a pocket which Violet carefully ripped from her apron.
British Dictionary definitions for pad (1 of 2)
- the fleshy cushion-like underpart of the foot of a cat, dog, etc
- any of the parts constituting such a structure