- Also called Pal·ma de Ma·llor·ca [Spanish pahl-mah th e mah-lyawr-kah] /Spanish ˈpɑl mɑ ðɛ mɑˈlyɔr kɑ/. a seaport in and the capital of the Balearic Islands, on W Majorca.
- one of the Canary Islands, off the NW coast of Africa. 281 sq. mi. (728 sq. km). Capital: Santa Cruz de la Palma.
- a city in SW California.
- a Spanish island in the W Mediterranean: the largest of the Balearic Islands. 1405 sq. mi. (3640 sq. km). Capital: Palma.
- a group of islands including Ibiza, Majorca, and Minorca, and constituting a province of Spain in the W Mediterranean Sea. 1936 sq. mi. (5015 sq. km). Capital: Palma.
- Brian,born 1940, U.S. film director.
Examples from the Web for palma
Contemporary Examples of palma
Her husband, Inaki Urdangarin, who was made Duke of Palma by the King when he married his daughter, denies wrongdoing.
Princess Cristina has been asked to appear in court in Palma de Mallorca, in the Balearic Islands, on 27 April.
Historical Examples of palma
If Monsignor Palma proves obstinate his Holiness will never consent.The Three Cities Trilogy, Complete
But one person in all the Hotel of the Duke of Palma was awake.
Jaime slept there more peacefully than in his palace in Palma.
It was being sold to the padrones, who were bringing it to Palma and Barcelona.
His brother was a conservative now and a member of all the societies in Palma.
- the capital of the Balearic Islands, on the SW coast of Majorca: a tourist centre. Pop: 367 277 (2003 est)Official name: Palma de Mallorca
- Jacopo (jaˈkopo), known as Palma Vecchio, original name Jacopo Negretti. ?1480–1528, Venetian painter, noted esp for his portraits of women
- a group of islands in the W Mediterranean, consisting of Majorca, Minorca, Ibiza, Formentera, Cabrera, and 11 islets: a province of Spain. Capital: Palma, on Majorca. Pop: 1 071 500 (2003 est). Area: 5012 sq km (1935 sq miles)Spanish name: Baleares (baleˈares)
- an island in the N Atlantic, in the NW Canary Islands: administratively part of Spain. Chief town: Santa Cruz de la Palma. Pop: 85 547 (2002 est). Area: 725 sq km (280 sq miles)
- an island in the W Mediterranean: the largest of the Balearic Islands; tourism. Capital: Palma. Pop: 730 778 (2002 est). Area: 3639 sq km (1465 sq miles)Spanish name: Mallorca
- The palm.