- a native or inhabitant of the Punjab.
- an Indic language of the Punjab.
- of or relating to the Punjab, its people, or their language.
Origin of Punjabi
Examples from the Web for panjabi
Contemporary Examples of panjabi
“There was something animalistic about that character,” said Panjabi.The Good Wife: Archie Panjabi Talks About Playing Kalinda
February 14, 2011
Panjabi played a reporter in A Mighty Heart, a film about the disappearance of journalist Daniel Pearl.Women in the World Speakers
The Daily Beast
March 8, 2010
Historical Examples of panjabi
Once there came in this way a young Panjabi servant named Lenu.
Not only was he a foreigner, but a Panjabi to boot,—what wonder he stole our hearts away?
The remaining member of this sub-group is Panjabi or Punjabi (see Hindostani).
Eastern Hindi is very like Panjabi in this respect, but for a different reason.
Panjabi, and the western dialects of Western Hindi, have preserved the old Vedic cerebral l.
- a variant spelling of Punjabi
- a member of the chief people of the Punjab
- the state language of the Punjab, belonging to the Indic branch of the Indo-European family
- of or relating to the Punjab, its people, or their language