- Christabel Harriette,1880–1958, English suffragist leader (daughter of Emmeline Pankhurst).
- Emmeline (Goul·den) [gool-dn] /ˈgul dn/, 1858–1928, English suffragist leader.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for pankhurst
The rallies of the NUWSS were calmer affairs than those of Mrs. Pankhurst.The Lessons of the British Women’s Fight for the Vote
June 13, 2012
Mrs. Pankhurst heard Miss Anthony speak in Manchester in 1904.Susan B. Anthony
I think, Mrs. Pankhurst, you now understand the way it is put?
Dr. Pankhurst did not desire that I should turn myself into a household machine.
The cry went up from all sides: "They are arresting Mrs. Pankhurst!"
Its mind was fully prepared by the Pankhurst literature for insult.What is Coming?
H. G. Wells
- Dame Christabel. 1880–1958, English suffragette
- her mother, Emmeline. 1858–1928, English suffragette leader, who founded the militant Women's Social and Political Union (1903)
- Sylvia, daughter of Emmeline Pankhurst. 1882–1960, English suffragette and pacifist
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012