- a book bound in a flexible paper cover, often a lower-priced edition of a hardcover book.
- (of a book) bound in a flexible paper cover: a paperback edition of Orwell's novel.
- of, for, or pertaining to paperbacks: a paperback bookstore.
Also softcover; pa·per·bound [pey-per-bound] /ˈpeɪ pərˌbaʊnd/, softbound (for defs 1, 2).
Origin of paperback
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for paperbound
Mrs. Owen rose and transferred a pile of paperbound books from a shelf to her desk.A Hoosier Chronicle
- a book or edition with covers made of flexible card, sold relatively cheaplyCompare hardback
- of or denoting a paperback or publication of paperbacks
- to publish in paperback
Word Origin and History for paperbound
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper