- a benign tumor of the skin or mucous membrane consisting of hypertrophied epithelial tissue, as a wart.
Origin of papilloma
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- pathol a benign tumour derived from epithelial tissue and forming a rounded or lobulated mass
Word Origin for papilloma
C19: from papilla + -oma
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The development of numerous papillomas.
- Papillary projections of the epidermis forming a microscopically undulating surface.
- A benign epithelial tumor projecting from the surrounding surface.papillary tumor villoma
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.