- the state or condition of being a partner; participation; association; joint interest.
- the relation subsisting between partners.
- the contract creating this relation.
- an association of persons joined as partners in business.
Origin of partnership
Related Words for partnershipfirm, interest, tie-up, sharing, cooperation, business, union, corporation, company, society, cooperative, organization, ownership, friendship, assistance, association, help, house, brotherhood, community
Examples from the Web for partnership
Contemporary Examples of partnership
Proper planning, partnership, intercultural dialogue, and a lot of faith brought us to this moment.For Rent: Priceless Historic Sites
November 16, 2014
The partnership includes five UN agencies led by UNICEF, the U.S. government and the private sector.How Your Company Can End Violence Against Girls
October 9, 2014
Treasury agreed to rebid the deal, then quietly extended its partnership with Comerica for five years.Megabanks Have The Federal Prison System Locked Up
Center for Public Integrity
October 2, 2014
Williams would have only one more commercial success, Night of the Iguana in 1961, after his partnership with Kazan ended.John Lahr’s Biography Perfectly Captures Tennessee Williams’ Tortured Greatness
September 25, 2014
“We want the law enforcement to actually form a partnership with mental health and the advocacy groups,” says Woody.Police Brutality's Hidden Victims: The Disabled
September 8, 2014
Historical Examples of partnership
After his admission to the bar, Mr. Chipman received him into partnership.Biographical Sketches
A partner has the right to draw out any, or all, of the partnership funds.
We formed a partnership, with a capital of sixty thousand dollars.
What about the thirty thousand dollars you got on that partnership swindle?
She had taken Anna into business with her, but the burden of the partnership had always been on Harriet.K
Mary Roberts Rinehart
- a contractual relationship between two or more persons carrying on a joint business venture with a view to profit, each incurring liability for losses and the right to share in the profits
- the deed creating such a relationship
- the persons associated in such a relationship
- the state or condition of being a partner