- the 17th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
- either of the consonant sounds represented by this letter.
Origin of pe
- Prince Edward Island, Canada (approved for postal use).
- Commerce. plant and equipment.
or P/E, PE, P-E, p-e
- Petroleum Engineer.
- physical education.
- Presiding Elder.
- Also p.e. printer's error.
- Statistics. probable error.
- Professional Engineer.
- Protestant Episcopal.
Examples from the Web for pe
Contemporary Examples of pe
Business questions are raised—who starts a PE firm and bails on it in a matter of mere months?Be the Smarter Bush Brother, Jeb: Don’t Run!
December 17, 2014
PE was one way of ensuring that every kid was getting some exercise.
I generally remember school physical education, PE, as a being a pain in the posterior.
The hosts on business cable channels refer to PE ratios and swap spreads, and no one laughs at them.Music Criticism Has Degenerated Into Lifestyle Reporting
March 18, 2014
In addition to the sweat and toil, PE had an important life lesson.This Is Why Your Kid Is Fat
November 25, 2013
Historical Examples of pe
I'm afraid I'll pe doing what they'll pe laughing at me for.Camps, Quarters and Casual Places
It is pat to make other potties suffer, when there is nothing to pe cot py it.
It is a man's pisiness to pe pure, honest, just, and merciful.
Pe ye a Yankee peddler, mit chewelry in your pack, to sheat the gals?
Johann drew ze fatal nomper, and me vas not necessary to pe Soldat.Boyhood
- the 17th letter in the Hebrew alphabet (פ or, at the end of a word, ף) transliterated as p or, when final, ph
Word Origin for pe
- physical education
- potential energy
- Presiding Elder
- (esp in postal addresses) Prince Edward Island (Canadian Province)
- Also: p.e printer's error
- statistics probable error
- Protestant Episcopal
- (in South Africa) Port Elizabeth
- Peru (international car registration)
Word Origin and History for pe
1956 as an abbreviation of physical education (see physical).