- Elizabeth Palmer,1804–94, U.S. educator and reformer: founded the first kindergarten in the U.S.
- Endicott,1857–1944, U.S. educator.
- George,1795–1869, U.S. merchant, banker, and philanthropist in England.
- a city in NE Massachusetts.
Examples from the Web for peabody
Contemporary Examples of peabody
It even won a Peabody Award for its episode “Return of the King.”Aaron McGruder’s ‘The Boondocks’ Returns Without Aaron McGruder
April 21, 2014
The show has won five awards, including two Emmys, and was honored with a Peabody Award for excellence in 2011.Kentucky’s Finest Antihero: Walton Goggins on Justified’s Chameleon Villain
February 11, 2014
But it makes no sense to support that noble endeavor by investing in Exxon and Peabody Coal.The Next Step in the Divestment Fight: Bill McKibben
September 21, 2013
Will tells Sloan, “Watch him ... He wants to win a Peabody.”Jeff Daniels on the Most Explosive Episode of ‘The Newsroom’ Yet
August 26, 2013
She has won numerous awards for her work, including Emmy, Peabody, duPont, and Foreign Press Club honors.
Historical Examples of peabody
You saw one in action in the sun-tube with which poor old Peabody was cut in half.
He has no identification tag; he releases Peabody; seems not to know the penalties.
Cy had hired Lawyer Peabody, of Ostable, to look out for his interests.
"I told Miss Dawes of the photograph and what it proved," went on Peabody.
And Peabody he writes to his lawyer friend in Butte, Montana.
- George. 1795–1869, US merchant, banker, and philanthropist in the US and England