- Mount, a mountain near the E coast of Greece, in Thessaly. 5252 feet (1600 meters).
- pile/heap Pelion on Ossa,
- to make matters worse; aggravate or compound a situation.
- to engage in vain or futile efforts.
Examples from the Web for pelion
Historical Examples of pelion
Then, to pile Ossa on Pelion, the dogs of Tomieh arrived to pay a visit.It Happened in Egypt
C. N. Williamson
But to-night the Prince was not only alive, but also, Ossa upon Pelion, in a good humor!The Genius
Margaret Horton Potter
It would have buried a Titaness under a Pelion of moral feather-beds.What Will He Do With It, Complete
What Pelion lacks in height it makes up in length, and its bulk is great.Vacation days in Greece
Rufus B. Richardson
On the Pelion of her own misery she heaped the Ossa of self-condemnation.When 'Bear Cat' Went Dry
Charles Neville Buck
- a mountain in NE Greece, in E Thessaly. In Greek mythology it was the home of the centaurs. Height: 1548 m (5079 ft)Modern Greek name: Pílion