- a government by five persons.
- a governing body of five persons.
- a federation of five nations, each under its own government or ruler.
Origin of pentarchy
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- government by five rulers
- a ruling body of five
- a union or association of five kingdoms, provinces, etc, each under its own ruler
- a country ruled by a body of five
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012