Origin of percept
Related Words for perceptcode, law, rule, etiquette, fashion, form, formality, habit, canon, understanding, precept, propriety, usage, custom, percept
Examples from the Web for percept
Historical Examples of percept
You look at a watch which I hold before your eyes and secure a percept of it.The Mind and Its Education
George Herbert Betts
As we reflect and seek to correct this inadequacy, the percept changes on our hands.The Sense of Beauty
The percept is, and remains, a private and an individual matter.Introduction to the Science of Sociology
Robert E. Park
The percept has an aggressiveness which does not belong to the image.The Analysis of Mind
A percept is "that which is perceived; the object of the act of perception."Your Mind and How to Use It
William Walker Atkinson
- a concept that depends on recognition by the senses, such as sight, of some external object or phenomenon
- an object or phenomenon that is perceived
Word Origin for percept
Word Origin and History for percept
- The object of perception.
- A mental impression of something perceived by the senses, viewed as the basic component in the formation of concepts.
- In clinical psychology, a single unit of perceptual report, such as one of the responses to an inkblot in the Rorschach test.