Origin of percept
Related Words for perceptscode, law, rule, etiquette, fashion, form, formality, habit, canon, understanding, precept, propriety, usage, custom, percept
Examples from the Web for percepts
Historical Examples of percepts
From our percepts all of our higher concepts and ideas are formed.Your Mind and How to Use It
William Walker Atkinson
These are the percepts which the ego presents to the Thinker's consciousness.The Mystery of Space
Robert T. Browne
They are man's percepts and concepts; they are his facts, his environment.The Church of St. Bunco
Sentences are the signs of judgments or reasons, just as words are the signs of percepts or concepts.Training the Teacher
A. F. Schauffler
Appears to possess a duality of cognitions, of percepts and of percipient.The Sarva-Darsana-Samgraha
- a concept that depends on recognition by the senses, such as sight, of some external object or phenomenon
- an object or phenomenon that is perceived
Word Origin for percept
- The object of perception.
- A mental impression of something perceived by the senses, viewed as the basic component in the formation of concepts.
- In clinical psychology, a single unit of perceptual report, such as one of the responses to an inkblot in the Rorschach test.