- the science dealing with the preparation, uses, and especially the effects of drugs.
Origin of pharmacology
Examples from the Web for pharmacology
Contemporary Examples of pharmacology
A professor of pharmacology at Northwestern University, Richard J. Miller starts with the hunters and gatherers.This Week’s Hot Reads: Dec. 9, 2013
December 9, 2013
They have no training in pharmacology and behavioral sciences.The Prophet of the Bogus Drug War
August 12, 2013
Jose Muscohio, a professor of pharmacology, was one of them.Hundreds Evacuated From NYU’s Tisch Hospital in Hurricane Sandy
October 30, 2012
Historical Examples of pharmacology
In pharmacology and surgery, substances or agents which diminish or destroy sensibility, or which relieve pain.
They have a very great historico-literary interest, especially for pharmacology.Old-Time Makers of Medicine
James J. Walsh
And I could cite a number of other facts which are described in detail in every treatise of physiology or pharmacology.The Pros and Cons of Vivisection
Du Potet first studied medicine, but disgusted by the poor results of Pharmacology he embraced magnetism.
Recent investigation into the 90 pharmacology of the mescal plant prove it to be a poison of a very powerful nature.Poison Romance and Poison Mysteries
C. J. S. Thompson
- the science of drugs, including their characteristics and uses
- The science of drugs, including their composition, uses, and effects.
- The characteristics or properties of a drug, especially those that make it medically effective.
- The scientific study of drugs and their effects, especially in the treatment of disease.