- containing phenol; carbolated.
Origin of phenolated
- Also called phenoxide. a salt of phenol, as sodium phenolate, C6H5ONa.
- to treat, impregnate, or disinfect with phenol; carbolize.
Origin of phenolate
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Also: carbolize (tr) to treat or disinfect with phenol
- another name (not in technical usage) for phenoxide
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- A salt of phenol.phenoxide
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.