- David Graham,1867–1911, U.S. novelist.
- Jayne Anne,born 1952, U.S. poet, short-story writer, and novelist.
- Stephen,1868–1915, English poet and playwright.
- Wendell,1811–84, U.S. orator and reformer.
- a male given name.
Examples from the Web for phillips
Contemporary Examples of phillips
In 2008, Gilkes joined Phillips, eventually becoming its chief auctioneer.William, Kate, and Jay Z’s Favorite Art Star: Alexander Gilkes' World of Rock Stars and Royalty
December 10, 2014
She even claims that Phillips told her that they would marry soon, as he believed that his wife was about to die.
Unsurprisingly, Phillips himself seems to be spiraling out of control.
“Politics and celebrity — there is a bit of eroticism in the show too, and also cultural critique,” Phillips explains.
The other band Phillips chose is Black Bananas, led by Jennifer Herrema.
Historical Examples of phillips
The immense pools in the Phillips were as salt as sea water.Explorations in Australia
I wouldn't give a dern to know what's the matter of Phillips, I says to myself.Tom Sawyer, Detective
Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)
It told of Mrs. Phillips' death, her burial at Florence, and of the widower's grief.
But it was possible that Phillips did not know this and that he was fond of the judge.
As for Mrs. Phillips' will, I expect that her husband must be on his way here now.
- Captain Mark. born 1948, English three-day-event horseman; married to Anne, the Princess Royal, divorced 1992
- Arthur. 1738–1814, English naval commander; captain general of the First Fleet, which carried convicts from Portsmouth to Sydney Cove, Australia, where he founded New South Wales
Word Origin and History for phillips
proper name of a cross-slot screw and corresponding screwdriver, 1935, named for its inventor, U.S. businessman Henry F. Phillips (1890-1958) of Portland, Ore. It was designed for car makers, hence the handyman's complaint that they are difficult to un-screw. Phillips lost the patent in 1949.