- of, relating to, or characteristic of Pomerania.
- one of a breed of small dogs having long, straight hair, erect ears, and a tail carried over the back.
- a native or inhabitant of Pomerania.
Origin of Pomeranian
Examples from the Web for pomeranian
Historical Examples of pomeranian
Very different, in every respect, is the affair of the Pomeranian castle.
It was kept by a Pomeranian, and the waiters, without exception, were from the Fatherland.A Bundle of Letters
Later on, he seemed to feel that the Pomeranian had come between him and Ethel.Ade's Fables
The Pomeranian was too scared, and Bungle and Popocatepetl were too angry.The Corner House Girls at School
Grace Brooks Hill
As to Friedrich's Pomeranian quarrel, this is the figure of it.History Of Friedrich II. of Prussia, Vol. III. (of XXI.)
- of or relating to Pomerania or its inhabitants
- a native or inhabitant of Pomerania, esp a German
- a breed of toy dog of the spitz type with a long thick straight coat
type of dog, 1760, from Pomerania, former province of Prussia on the south coast of the Baltic Sea.