- of or relating to a possessor or to possession: registration of possessory claims.
- arising from possession: a possessory interest.
- having possession: possessory landholdings.
Origin of possessory
Related Words for possessoryskeptical, envious, protective, anxious, suspicious, apprehensive, possessive, resentful, intolerant, attentive, covetous, demanding, grasping, green-eyed, guarded, invidious, jaundiced, questioning, rival, solicitous
Examples from the Web for possessory
Historical Examples of possessory
It abhors the absence of proprietary or possessory rights as a kind of vacuum.
They could be possessed even by wrong, and possessory remedies were given for them.
Furthermore, the only right the gentes claimed in them was a possessory one.The Prehistoric World
E. A. Allen
Modern German statutes have followed in the same path so far as to give the possessory remedies to tenants and some others.
A way, until it becomes a right of way, is just as little susceptible of being held by a possessory title as a contract.
- of, relating to, or having possession
- law arising out of, depending upon, or concerned with possessiona possessory title